UFC Vet/OKC Police Officer Matt Grice Returns to the Cage at Newly Remodeled Firelake Arena in Shawnee, Okla.
OKC Police Officer Matt Grice was tragically injured in a car crash just over a year ago in Shawnee, Okla. Saturday, March 7 the UFC star will return to Shawnee as a special guest at a mixed martial arts event at Firelake Arena. Although he is not medically cleared to enter the cage as a fighter himself, he will stand in support of 5 martial artists that train out of, R-1 MMA, the gym owned by Grice. He will also be 1 of 3 UFC veteran fighters on hand to sign autographs and take photos with fans.
Firelake Arena and Rage in the Cage OKC (RITC) are partnering to bring explosive Mixed Martial Arts Action to Shawnee, Okla. The main event will feature Bellator Vet Jarrod “The Wild Card” Card (trained by Grice) taking on fellow Bellator Vet Cody Carrillo in an intense match-up. In the semi-main event Lamont “KO-Kid” Stafford and David “The Hit Man” Knight have two of the fastest knockouts in Oklahoma History. Knight holds the top record at: 06 and Stafford follows with a: 09 knockout. March 7 will be the ultimate test for these two gladiators!!
This card is slated to include 8 pro fights, 6 amateur fights, with the amateur heavyweight title on the line. (Fight card subject to change without notice).
Special guests include UFC Vet’s Matt Grice, Gray Maynard and UFC Vet and Comedian Gerald Harris as ring announcer. Nashville recording artist Emily Faith will also perform. The three UFC greats will be available at the conclusion of the event to take pictures with fans and sign autographs.
Grice was a 4-time Oklahoma State Wrestling Champion, winning Outstanding Wrestler 3 times, an honor not accomplished by any other competitor. He started his professional MMA career in 2005, winning nine straight fights before his April 2007 debut for UFC. Grice fought in the UFC until sustaining a serious brain injury in a September 2013 car accident in Shawnee, Oklahoma.
Gray Maynard is a UFC lightweight standout with the fourth fastest knockout in UFC history at nine seconds against Joe Veres. He not only made it to the “big stage” of UFC but also landed a role on the “big screen” in the movie Art of Submission. Maynard just finalized another 8 fight contract with UFC and is anticipating a return to the octagon soon after his March 7 appearance at Rumble at Firelake Arena.
Gerald Harris is known as one of the most brutal middleweights in the UFC after 3 knockout wins in the UFC, 2 of them wining KO of the night. His July 3, 2010 knockout on UFC 116 vs. David Branch earned him the “2010 Knockout of the Year” by USA Today. Harris was also a cast member of Spike TV’s, The Ultimate Fighter 7. He announced his retirement from MMA in April of last year to pursue a career in education. He now resides in Tulsa, Okla.
Emily Faith is an 11 year-old award winning singer/songwriter and actress from Oklahoma. Emily began performing at the age of 6 when she opened a 4th of July show for President George W. Bush, Marty Stuart and Sawyer Brown. Emily has been named Oklahoma’s Country Music Association and North American Country Music Association’s “Vocalist and Entertainer of the Year” for 5 consecutive years, and “Country and Gospel “Songwriter of the Year”.
When: Saturday, March 7, 2015. Fights begin at 7 PM (doors open at 6:00 PM)
Where: Firelake Arena,
Cost: General Admission: $30.00, Premium: $40.00, VIP Table: $800 for a table seating 8 and includes a VIP pre-party. Tickets may be purchased at www.cpnboxoffice.com
- · For more information about Rage in the Cage, please visit https://www.facebook.com/
- · Visit Rage in the Cage’s YouTube Channel for videos: https://www.youtube.com/
- · For fighter profiles and/or photos please contact email@example.com
Fight Card (subject to change without notice)
Amateur Under Card
(150) Kendall Carnahan (OKC, OK/2-0-0) VS Josh Mosquea (McKinney, TX/2-1-0)
(155) JR Coughran (OKC, OK/0-1-0) VS Jeremy Robertson (Noble, OK/1-0-0)
(145) Austin Gunter (McLoud, OK/6-6-0) VS Delwayne Stepney (MWC, OK/4-4-0)
(170) Sunny Law (Norman, OK/2-1-0) VS Travis Wilkinson (Yukon, OK/2-2-0)
(170) Cheyenne Deatherage (Shawnee, OK/2-0-0) VS Kyler Bennot Ufer (Frederick, OK/0-0-0, Debut)
Amateur Main Event (Title Fight)
(HVY) Taylor Wilson (Chickasha, OK/1-0-0) VS Carlos Yanez (Ardmore, OK/1-2-0)
Pro Under Card
(SHVY) Jesse Jernigan (Moore, OK/0-0-0, Pro-Debut) VS Daniel Ray (Blanchard, OK/0-0-0, Pro-Debut)
(145) Joe Blurton (El Reno, OK/1-3-0) VS Teddy Potts (Norman, OK/3-9-0)
(185) Chibiwikem Palmer (OKC, OK/0-0-0, Pro-Debut) VS Chase Nunn (Okmulgee, OK/4-4)
(155) Shakir McKillip (OKC, OK/4-2-0) VS Tolu Agunbiade (Ft. Worth, TX, 4-4-0)
(HVY) Jon Hill (OKC, OK/3-3-0) VS Frederick Gunner (OKC, OK/0-0-0, Pro-Debut)
(185) Levi Queen (Harrah, OK/3-2-0) VS Jeremy Jones (OKC, OK/0-1-0)
Pro Co-Main Event
(200) Lamont Stafford (OKC, OK/5-4-0) VS David Knight (Little Axe, OK/7-6-0)
Pro Main Event
(155) Jarrod Card (OKC, OK/9-6-1) VS Cody Carillo (Wichita, KS/6-8-0)