Europe’s top amateur MMA promotion hots up with ‘The Battle for Northants’
Fresh from their successful ‘Night of Champions’ show in Leicester back in February, Battle Arena bring Europe’s largest amateur Mixed Martial Arts promotion back to Northampton with many of the county’s top fighters stepping inside the cage.
Another exciting night, featuring over 20 contests, is on the cards when ‘The Battle for Northants’ takes place at the County Ground – a venue usually home to the more sedate sport of cricket – on Saturday June 22.
The night sees Northamptonshire’s finest MMA practitioners take on both domestic and international opponents, with Kettering Shoot Fighters spearheading the county challenge by sending five fighters to compete.
Battle Arena veterans Andy Draper and Rob Vials both return to action for the club. Draper is up against Frenchman Jean-Noel Chauffaule (Le Battle Combat Club), while Vials takes on Luke Carter (Next Level MMA) who recorded a first-round stoppage in Leicester.
The Kettering club’s line-up is completed by Julian Tipping, Dean Benemore and James Styles. The two clubs from nearby Wellingborough, The MMA Gym and Shudan MMA, are also sending three men each to do battle.
Brett Francis is aiming to build on an impressive debut victory back in February when he faces 5 Elements MMA’s Wes Scott. Shane Hale returns as well, looking to banish his debut loss on Battle Arena’s outdoor show at Nene Park last August.
There is also first fight for Robin Ewan, against Leszek Krakowski (5 Elements MMA). Meanwhile, the experienced Tom Kenny heads the Shudan challenge when he tackles Josh McManus (1st Legion MMA). Balal Miah faces a yet-to-be named opponent, while Luke Shanks is up against Ajay Hulme(Kings Gym).
Corby team Siam MMA, led by battle-hardened campaigner Den Palmer, will also be represented by four combatants, and Palmer himself faces off against international opposition in the form of Le Battle Combat Club’s Ctril Bonino.
Ryan Barby is in action against another Le Battle man, Josh Demoux. Elsewhere on the card, club mate Pete Batson squares off with Junior Bueno (1stLegion). The rest of the card sees some of the UK’s top amateur talent going head-to-head in the battle for supremacy.
The show also features Battle Arena’s now-famous ‘Battle Babes’ ring card girls, while there will be an after show party at the Ice Lounge on Northampton’s Bridge Street.
Tickets for ‘The Battle for Northants’ cost £25 and are on sale now on 07932 633366 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provisional fight card (all three rounds of three minutes)
1. 70kg (Class C) – Zukifle Hussain (Rising Crane MMA) v George McManus (1st Legion MMA)
2. 72kg (Class A) – Shane Hale (The MMA Gym) v Vinny Smith (MMA Factory)
3. 77kg (Class A) – Tom Kenny (Shudan MMA) v Josh McManus (1st Legion MMA)
4. 65kg (Class A) – Brett Francis (The MMA Gym) v Wes Scott (5 Elements MMA)
5. 65kg (Class A) – Julian Tipping (Kettering Shoot Fighters) v Dave Gould (5 Elements MMA)
6. 60kg (Class A) – Rob Vials (Kettering Shoot Fighters) v Luke Carter (Next Level MMA)
7. 77kg (Class A) – Spencer Murton (Rising Crane MMA) v Daniel Hardiman (Monster Gym)
8. 77kg (Class A) – Robin Ewan (The MMA Gym) v Leszek Krakowski (5 Elements MMA)
9. 57kg (Class A) – Luke Shanks (Shudan MMA) v Ajay Hulme (Kings Gym)
10. 77kg (Class A) – Daniel Szuper (1st Legion) v Sardar Ali (MMA Factory)
11. 72kg (Class A) – Andy Draper (Kettering Shoot Fighters) v Jean-Noel Chauffaule (Le Battle Combat Club)
12. 84kg (Class A) – Pete Batson (Siam MMA) v Junior Bueno (1st Legion)
13. 77kg (Class A) – Jason James (S.O.S.) v Luke Foster (Rising Crane MMA)
14. 70kg (Class B) – Josh Demoux (Le Battle Combat Club) v Ryan Barby (Siam MMA)
15. 70kg (Class A) – TBC v Craig Smith (Warriors MMA)
16. 71.5kg (Class A) – Den Palmer (Siam MMA) v Ctril Bonino (Le Battle Combat Club)
17. 66kg (Class A) – Darren Edwards (Peterborough MMA) v Balal Mann
18. 70kg (Class B) – Dean Benemore (Kettering Shoot Fighters) v Rory Foster (Rising Crane MMA)
19. 65kg (Class B) – James Styles (Kettering Shoot Fighters) v Robert Masters (Rising Crane MMA)
20. 66kg (Class A) – Zahid Rafiq (Ikon Jujitsu) v Michael Hadackas (Monster Gym)
21. 84kg (Class A) – Matt King (5 Elements MMA) v Wade Bass (1st Legion)
22. 66kg (Class A) – Balal Miah (Shudan MMA) v TBC
Class A – Full rules; Class B – No ground and pound; Class C – No strikes to head, no ground and pound
Battle Arena is Europe’s largest amateur mixed martial arts promotion. For more information or to get involved with Battle Arena on a local or international level, contact James Price via email@example.com or call (+44) 01832 731573.